Numerai Quant Team
What is it?
- A data science tournament hosted by the world’s first crowd sourced hedge fund.
How does it work?
- High quality, obfuscated financial data are published in weekly rounds.
- Our goal is to perform regression on the published data, and submit our “predictions” weekly as a csv file to the hedge fund.
- The hedge fund’s AI (the “meta-model”) takes every participant’s prediction as input, and helps the hedge fund make investment decisions.
- Participants get rewarded with crypto if their predictions are accurate.
- Our team will mirror the hedge fund’s approach, we will build a meta-model on top of all the models that our team’s developers build.
- Our approach makes our project very horizontally scalable, and accommodating for a wide range of technical abilities.
- We will ask our developers to each build their own unique model on the data set, and refine it so that it is good enough to be incorporated into our meta-model.
Who are we looking for?
- Proficiency in Python
- Robust understanding of basic ML concepts
- Eagerness to independently learn new concepts
- Able to commit 2-4 hours per week
Zixin (Jenci) Wei
Hanzhuo (Andrew) Zhang
Xiaoru (Gordon) Tan
Yihui (Gabriel) Wu